For the second version of our MediaNama Talks (particulars under) we have now Akriti Gaur, Aniruddh Nigam and Sreyan Chatterjee presenting their work on a report that makes an attempt to formulate a roadmap for authorized reforms to facilitate the transition of high-quality print journalism into the period of digital communications in a fashion that furthers the general public good.
You may register to attend this session, we’re internet hosting this on August 18, 12 NOON (IST).
The information business immediately stands at a significant crossroads. The worsening financial well being of print journalism on account of the expansion of digital communications threatens its sustainability. Digital information, however, seems to be dealing with a damaged enterprise mannequin and an unsure regulatory surroundings. This report evaluates varied regulatory proposals which have been floated for making certain the transition of high-quality journalism to an age of digital communications, specializing in two broad themes: how the sustainability of print information may be ensured, and the way the surroundings of digital information may be geared in the direction of the general public good. In doing so, the report makes an attempt to construct a principled framework by way of which varied coverage proposals for regulating the information surroundings may be evaluated and in contrast.
We’re internet hosting this discuss subsequent Tuesday (August 18), beginning 12 NOON (IST). Our format is 20-30 minutes of presentation, adopted by 30-40 minutes of Q&A with our audio system.
- Akriti is a lawyer and impartial researcher, and was beforehand a Senior Fellow at Vidhi Centre for Authorized Coverage, the place she led the Heart for Utilized Legislation and Know-how Analysis. She research the position of digital platforms and their influence on freedom of speech, labour rights, and privateness in India, and has labored on initiatives referring to privateness and knowledge safety, regulation of the digital economic system, and knowledge governance. Akriti graduated from the Nationwide Legislation College, Jodhpur in 2015.
- Aniruddh is a Analysis Fellow on the Centre for Utilized Legislation & Know-how Analysis at Vidhi. At Vidhi, he works on initiatives associated to know-how regulation, web governance and regulation of the digital economic system. Aniruddh graduated from the Nationwide Legislation Faculty of India College in 2019.
- Sreyan is a Analysis Fellow at Vidhi. He has labored within the areas of monetary regulation and insolvency legal guidelines. At Vidhi, he works on initiatives associated to the regulation of the digital economic system. Sreyan graduated from West Bengal Nationwide College of Judicial Sciences in 2016.
In case you want to be at this discuss, don’t forget to register to attend.
- Registration doesn’t assure attendance. We’ll ship you a affirmation by August 17.
- Your contact data won’t ever be shared with anybody exterior of MediaNama.
That is an commercial for MediaNama Talks, a brand new collection the place we invite researchers and consultants to share their work with us, with the goal to showcase good-quality and significant analysis being accomplished in India, and to make that work extra accessible to a wider neighborhood and cross-section of stakeholders.
MediaNama’s Native Promoting coverage may be seen right here, and previous adverts right here. For promoting, contact gross firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you’re occupied with supporting MediaNama’s occasions, please contact email@example.com.
more recommended stories
Microsoft patent reveals contact management for outdated technology laptops
Microsoft has utilized for.
Fb begins merging Instagram and Messenger chats, says report
In a contemporary bid.
Do we actually want a non-personal knowledge authority?
“The big question is do we.
Amazon to launch on-line pharmacy in Bengaluru
Dwelling » Amazon, E-Commerce,.